* in our last thrilliing instalment, I was ill(er than usual). I continued to be ill in July! but I did manage to have a few nice days out in the sun. a picnic, a pud lunch, and a visit to Tillgate park to see the birds and other animals. there was a very chatty lorie who suprised me by creaking out "hellllo" from behind a clumo of bamboo, and a bull who constantly licked his two cows in an affectionate but sticky way. the harvest mice were as tiny as I remembered them and were making a new nest. I fed a nice goat and patted her head.
* a new medicine was prescribed to me that theorectically could make a big difference. it's a a mega-probiotic of the sort given to factory farm animals that might repopulate my small intestine.
* ...except that no one thought of the consequences of downing a metric tonne of bacteria while having the immune system of a tiny hysterical baby.
* so I spent most of July lying in bed naked covered in huge blisters and a rash and sores all over my gums and lips and with a fever. I ate a lot of ice.
* I also played a lot of Tomodachi Life! I didn't order it becuase of the whole "no homodachi" business but Nasus got a copy and lent it to me. it provided about the right level of entertainment to a person strung out on strong anithistamines. Rax in the game wears a hamster suit and is married to Aurora Walrus. the island currently has me, Nasus, Owl, all four Walruses (Mitik, Pakak, Kula, and Aurora), Mario Luigi and Peach, and Blathers and Celeste the owls from animal crossing. I'm trying to make Nook but he's a bit tricky to humanise.
* if anyone wants a free Tomodachi Life trial code we have three! I assume the version you would get would be the uk one? I don't know how it works.
* it seems like all I do on this journal is talk about how ill I've been but to be fair I don't really have much else going on in my life.